Senior Structural T&D Engineer
We are looking for Civil or Structural Engineer that has extensive experience in power line transmission & Distribution. Requires knowledge of transmission systems from 15kV to 345kV with familiarity with basic principles related to line design and practices related to this specialization.
Job: Transmission & Distribution
Primary Location: Various locations
- Manage substation and transmission line projects.
- Oversight and design of transmission lines including plan and profile drawings, assembly drawings, staking sheets, plus conductor sag and tension charts.
- Request vendor quotations; evaluate quotations and material purchase request forms, for substation and transmission line structures and related items.
- NESC, ASCE, ACI and ANSI standards and codes experience.
- Design calculations for foundation requirements, buss deflection, and steel structure sizing.
- Oversight of substation and transmission line structural engineering including steel structures and foundations
- Transmission line design experience.
- Attend meetings with customers as needed to support the Sales department and the engineers.
- Oversight on protection and Control Engineers, Structural Engineers, Geotechnical Engineers, Civil Engineers. Electrical Designers, Physical Designers, Draftsmen, Project managers, and support organizations
- Excellent communication writing skills.
- Minimum of 10+ years of Renewable, Transmission, and Substation line design.
- Knowledge of common engineering application software, particularly such tools as PLS-CADD.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering standards including NESC, IEEE, ASCE, ACI, and ANSI that apply to transmission design.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited college.
- P.E, Professional Engineering Designation required.
Drop a Line