Engineering | Mentor, OH
The Project Surveyor will work directly with, Licensed Engineers and Project Managers.
Position will based in the US.
Below is a list of job duties and qualifications of the ideal candidate:
- 5+ years of Project Surveyor experience (Required)
- LSIT certification
- Experience with solving complex boundaries and preparing legal descriptions
- Experience with Final Maps, Records of Survey, Easements, Condominium Plans, Lot Line Adjustments/Mergers, ALTA Surveys and Topographic Survey preparation
- Experience in reading and understanding Title Reports, Subdivision Guarantees, and complex legal documents such as oil and gas leases and CC&Rs
- Experience in reading, understanding, and applying field notes and survey data
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D to prepare all maps, drawings and exhibits from start to finish
- Ability to see the firm as a whole and understand the interrelationships of the various departments and the impact they have on one another
- Must have ability to manage a project from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and work well under tight deadlines
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Land Surveying Principles, GPS, California State Plane Coordinate System, field survey procedures and construction staking
- Must have reliable transportation as the candidate may be required to make in-person submittals and attend project meetings on behalf of the company and clients.
- PLS is highly desired, but not required, however, the candidate must have ability to obtain
- BS in Surveying/Mapping (Preferred)