System Administration & Support
Information Technology | Montreal
We are looking for a talented, diligent System Administrator & Support. The System Administrator's responsibilities include troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking issues, as well as ensuring that all computing operations run with optimal performance and security. To be successful as a System Administrator, you should have an excellent ability to solve problems using your in-depth understanding of information systems and computing solutions. The best System Administrator will also be a team player, willing to handle all support requests with courtesy and professionalism. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams, users & be capable of managing external clientele relationships. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
System Administrator Responsibilities:
- Configuring and maintaining the networked computer system, including hardware, system software, and applications.
- Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
- Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
- Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system.
- Providing technical support when requested.
- Documenting any processes which employees need to follow in order to successfully work within our computing system.
Must Have Requirements
- Must have at least 3+ years of experience as a systems administrator
- Experience in hardware & network management
- Have 3+ years of experience using active directory
- Must be able to communicate bilingually in English & French
- Willing to travel frequently on site (2-3 times a week), however due to Covid-19 there will be less on-site activity.
Nice To Have Requirements
- Experience using Splunk, Azure Administration & SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience with cloud computing and rack system.
- Must have obtain a DEC at least or an equivalent degree.