October 22nd, 2020
How to update your resume and LinkedIn profile
Before you apply for a job, you need to ensure that your resume and LinkedIn profile are the best versions of themselves. What are the steps you can take to update your resume and profile to stand out from other applicants?
1. Focus on your successes in your previous job, university degree or high school. Talk about the challenges you faced before you achieved your goals and received rewards for your hard work. This will allow employers and hiring managers to understand how you respond when you are faced with conflicts and unpleasant situations at work. Do you work to resolve them yourself or do you ask a superior to step in and take control of the case? These examples will make it easier for someone to decide whether they want you as a part of their team or not.
2. Highlight your achievements. Position them in your LinkedIn profile so that they are easy to find and one does not have to spend most of their time scrolling to find what you achieved in high school, college or your previous job. Hiring managers don't want to waste time trying to find hidden gems in your profile and resume. Placing the important points about your professional life near the top of your profile creates a good first impression on your future employer!
3. Promote your education. This does not only mean your high school or college. You need to talk about important lessons and skills that you learned in your previous job or volunteer opportunities. Mention skills you learned in regards to the job you want to apply for. List them in bullet points in your resume. Remember, your resume needs to be fit into one page!
4. Ask for friends and colleagues to endorse you! Endorsements are important to hiring managers when they view your profile so that they know that other people and companies value your skills and as well as you as an individual. Endorsements also serve as confirmations about all your skills that you have listed in your resume and your LinkedIn profile.
October 19th, 2020
Looking for a job you want with the company you want is difficult during these challenging times. That's why now might be a good time to start thinking about looking for your next opportunity with a recruiting company.
But how is it beneficial to connect with a recruiting agency to help you with your career one might ask. Here are a few advantages of working with a company like DMA Global in finding a job.
1. More possibilities
When you sign up with us, you open up a door to more possibilities. You have more chances of your resume appearing in front of a hiring manager if you have the required experience and skills for the job.
You might not have been using your potential to the fullest in your previous job. Now, you have more chances to expand your knowledge and set of skills to help you land the opportunity of your choice.
You have a chance to grow when you sign up with a recruiting agency. This is because we have a wide range of resources to help you improve your resume and prepare for interviews so that you can stand out from all the other applicants.
September 29th, 2020
Being a recruiter in today's world comes with its own perks and challenges.
One of the biggest perks of course is helping individuals with finding jobs, especially in a difficult time like this pandemic. However recruiting is not as easy as it may seem.
Trying to find the perfect candidate while understanding the needs of the client is tricky. There are many times where the candidates do not meet the expectations of the client.
What are the different actions a recruiter can take when the candidates they present do not make the grade? Keep an eye out on our social media as we will be sharing a tip every day for the different ways a recruiter can respond to their clients in situations like this.
September 22nd, 2020
The pandemic caused due to COVID-19 has impacted many professionals around the world. Millions of people have lost their jobs and are struggling financially. Individuals are beginning to lose hope and are lacking the resilience that is required while applying for positions. After facing so many rejections, they are getting demotivated and don't want to push themselves anymore.
So how can one overcome these obstacles that prevent a person from achieving their career goals?
Here are some tips to help you through this situation:
1. Focus on what you have instead of what you don't have
2. Gratitude goes a long way. Being grateful for the little things in life gives you the push you need to strive for more.
3. Keep your friends and family close. When you feel like you are alone, they are the ones who provide you with the most love and support even if it may not always feel like it!
4. Create short term goals. Accomplishing something small will give you a sense of achievement and fulfillment, which motivates you to continue working towards your long term goal.
5. Be prepared for hiccups along the way. Failure is a part of success (cliché but true!).
6. Know that even during the hardest of times, your determination and sincerity are what will get you where you want to be.
August 25th, 2020
Did you know that we want to expand our franchise offer throughout the country? Watch this video to know more!
August 17th, 2020
DMA Global has been a successful Professional Recruiting Firm since 2004. Our founder, Bruno Lindia talks about the history and journey of DMA GlobalTM:
Our firm started as DMA Canada in 2004. I wanted to create “The Trust Based Relationship PartnerTM” and I felt that the Professional Search and Recruiting industry, for the most part is very transactional.
If we were going to be different and successful, our clients and candidates needed a higher level of service offered. It’s extremely important to understand the needs of the hiring managers and job seekers. This is where our proprietary and trademarked matching software coupled with our unique process allows us to understand what makes a great employee.
Photo taken from: https://pixabay.com/photos/work-office-team-company-internet-5382501/
I noticed that there is a huge gap between High Performing Professional Recruiters and Search Professionals working for firms that were not earning the compensation they deserved and the had ability to start their own firm. A lot of people are not start-up people, but they are excellent recruiters and fantastic business builders.
To start your own company and manage it, might not be for everybody. We allow people to do what they do best, which is being professional search executives, while we take care of the rest for them.
Another way that Professional Recruiters and Search Professionals in our created their careers is by becoming partners and co-owners.
Photo taken from: https://unsplash.com/photos/n95VMLxqM2I
However, that is a lot of work and requires an understanding of many legal concepts not to mention a possible large sum of capital investment.
With the DMA GlobalTM franchise you’re in business for yourself not by yourself so that you do what you can do best, and build goodwill in your Franchise business.
Today when you want to find the best available candidate for your business, that’s where we come in with our 7 Step Process and our Trademarked DMA SureMatch SystemTM. Click the link below to learn about them!
August 17th, 2020
Who is the ideal candidate to own a franchise? Doc Cassama discusses the potential franchise owners.
August 12th, 2020
Patience is key! In this video, Doc Cassama explains the process of qualification for owning a franchise.
August 7th, 2020
Okay so you are interested in owning a franchise. But what are the skill sets that are required to manage one? Doc Cassama tells you what we look for in a potential franchise owner.
July 31st, 2020
Want to own a franchise? Our VP Doc Cassama talks about what we have to offer on today's episode of Five Questions with Mario Toneguzzi!