Business / Financial Analyst
Category: Accounting - Finance
Our client, a leading manufacturer of quality conveyor components is looking for a Business Analyst.
Business Analyst is business and commercial minded. He partners up with other functions outside of finance, almost like a consultant does. He is active, externally focused and future oriented.
With strong network in eg. logistics, production and sales, the successful candidate will build business plans and define ways to identify gaps and opportunities. In order to really know what drives the business, the Business Analyst defines ways to measure and report on the key indicators of it and will work with the Controller to review the profit & loss on a monthly and ad-hoc basis to identify challenges and successes within sales, production, and implement systems to add to the overall efficiency and profitability of the company.
He will also need to link into the business model, to tailor his approach depending on the business he works in. It is a social job and he is a real part of the line management and decision making, including all risks involved.
- Reporting: assemble and provide a ‘monthly pack’ that shows a simple and brief overview of the main P&L items and highlighting the non-financial information management will be interested in – mainly sales, cost, and quality analyses. This also includes sales specific and operational reporting packages, as well as ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Forecast and budget: the analyst will produce quarterly and ad-hoc forecasts, as well as provide integral information in the budgeting process. Management will rely in this information heavily from a cash planning perspective, communication to the executive members, goal setting for teams etc.
- Price controls, margin analysis/cost control: as the ‘financial conscience’ of the company, the Business Analyst will be the first one to focus on fluctuations in margins. This includes comparisons of price by sales channel/product group/product, as well as customer specific pricing policies. Secondly, review of actual material/labour/overhead costs to understand further fluctuations in sales margins versus standard costing.
- 4. Enterprise Resource Planning: Assisting in the implementation and maintenance of ERP software. This includes initial setup for reporting parameters for sales, COGS, and cost center management, with ongoing review of these functions within the system.
- Investment and fixed asset follow up. The analyst will assist with the management process where both current and future needs for investments made. He will provide insight and analysis on replacing old equipment, and assist in calculations related to the return on investment as well.
- 3-4 years of experience in a similar role, preferable in a manufacturing industry
- Bachelor of Commerce in Analytics an asset
- Knowledge of Standard Costing models and Activity Based Costing is very important
- Knowledge of ERP software, particularly EPICOR an asset
- Advanced skills in Excel and Powerpoint required
- Proactive, Analytical, detail oriented, ability to communicate effectively
Compensation will be based on experience.
Drop a Line