Industrial Electrical Estimator
DMA Global is a Professional Recruiting firm supporting our client in their search for an Industrial Electrical Estimator in the Calgary Area.
Our client is a young firm experiencing great growth and is looking for a team player ready to hit the ground running but will explore a junior person with drive to mentor.
Preference will be given to candidates with hands on electrical experience in Industrial (Non Commercial) settings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Customer facing presentation skills
- Experience with McCormicks or similar
- Estimating of projects up to $5 million
- Non delegating professional experience
- Experience with prefabrication
- Responsible for material take-offs and issuing purchase orders
- Ensure preparation of as-built drawings and operational and/or maintenance manuals
- Build, maintain, and promote good customer and supplier/vendor relationships
- Review draws and specifications to ensure required products and materials are properly produced
- Ensure a project plan and construction schedules and milestones are developed and monitor progress against established schedules to include the site foreman and/or site manager
- Review contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors and price these changes for consultant and owner approval
- Ensure progress reports are developed and progress schedules issued to clients
- Review and track budgets to avoid cost over-runs
- Establish and update schedule timelines
- Ensure project health, safety, and environmental standards meet or exceed legislated requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering Technology or Electrical related college programs.
- Experience and knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical Systems
- Effective attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Familiar with contract documents, drawings, specifications, schedules and codes of construction
- Strong Communication skills essential
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills with advanced diplomacy
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
- Computer skills required for MS Excel and Word, Project AutoCAD/Revit
- Must be a team player able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Self-motivated to continue to improve skills and further education
- Excellence in organizational skills, and effective decision making
Thank you for your interest however only selected candidates will be contacted.
Drop a Line