Sr. Building Operator - Edmonton
Category: Property Management
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Operator to in Edmonton.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
- Supervise every aspect of the building, including the operation of the plant within the building.
- It is expected that the successful candidate would have a strong knowledge of all aspects of the building after a period of time, including but not limited to, base building design, building envelope, mechanical, plumbing, electrical and automation systems.
- Supervise and take responsibility for life safety issues for the building and plant.
- Complete hands-on tasks such as cleaning, plumbing, painting, HVAC repairs and electrical work.
- Be responsible for on-call duties on a shift rotation.
- Complete monthly property reports regarding the operation of the plant and the property.
- Take ownership of the tenant relationship by providing an excellent customer service.
To be qualified for this position you will have:
- 7+ years of commercial/industrial property management or facility operational experience is required.
- A valid, new fourth class ticket is preferred, a fifth class is required.
- A highly organized individual who has an eye for detail and accuracy is required.
- Operational experience in large plants with a strong knowledge of mechanical systems is required.
- A history of trades would be considered an asset, such as plumbing, electrical or HVAC tradesperson.
- Previous experience an operational role of a facility, building or fourth class plant.
Relationship Skills –
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships.
- Professional interaction with colleagues and tenants is required.
Organizational/Multi-Task Skills –
- Ability to allocate one's time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities and adapt to new ideas and constant changes.
- Ability to work with little supervision, while maintaining a strong knowledge of the building envelope, base building and all mechanical, plumbing, electrical and automation systems
Computer Skills - Advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
Drop a Line