Service Manager/ Project Coordinator -Industrial-
DMA Global is a Professional Recruiting firm supporting our client in their search for a Project Manager/ Service Manager –Electrical Industrial- in the Calgary Area.
Our client is a young firm experiencing great growth and preferably looking for a team player ready to hit the ground running but will explore a junior person with drive to mentor. This role includes a sales component with a bonus structure as you will be expected to find/ grow new business as well. Having a PMP is an asset but not required.
This role is a hands on coordinating/ service/ sales role. The successful candidate will be able to provide onsite estimates, negotiate with clients and vendors, set effective timelines, coordination teams to ensure tasks are completed on spec etc.
Hands on electrical experience in Industrial (Non Commercial) settings is a must.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Ensure project(s) objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards are met in accordance with company policy and contract specifications are met
- Experience with McCormicks or similar
- Project Management of projects up to $2 million
- Non delegating professional experience
- Experience with prefabrication
- Responsible for material take-offs and issuing purchase orders
- Ensure preparation of as-built drawings and operational and/or maintenance manuals
- Build, maintain, and promote good customer and supplier/vendor relationships
- Review drawings and specifications to ensure required products and materials are properly produced
- Ensure a project plan and construction schedules and milestones are developed and monitor progress against established schedules to include the site foreman and/or site manager
- Review contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors and price these changes for consultant and owner approval
- Ensure progress reports are developed and progress schedules issued to clients
- Review and track budgets to avoid cost over-runs
- Establish and update schedule timelines
- Ensure project health, safety, and environmental standards meet or exceed legislated requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering Technology or Electrical related college programs.
- Experience and knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical Systems
- Effective attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Familiar with contract documents, drawings, specifications, schedules and codes of construction
- Strong Communication skills essential
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills with advanced diplomacy
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
- Computer skills required for MS Excel and Word, Project AutoCAD/Revit
- Must be a team player able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Self-motivated to continue to improve skills and further education
- Excellence in project management, organizational skills, and effective decision making
Thank you for your interest however only selected candidates will be contacted.
Drop a Line