Property Management Assistant / Receptionist
Category: Property Management
Reporting to the Property Manager, the Property Management Assistant / Reception is responsible for resident and agency maintenance administration functions of the Real Property team. The Office Administrator will be highly detailed and organized, will have a strong working knowledge of using property management software and Microsoft Office functions, and will participate in special projects and interact with internal/external customers as needed to provide optimum results. Experience in property management is beneficial but not required. Operational knowledge of the Yardi Property Management Software and is also beneficial.
Key Accountabilities and Deliverables
- Manage day to day administrative tasks, with support from the Property Managers, including the inputting of Maintenance Technician work orders, purchase orders and change orders into the Property Management software
- Coordinate communications with regular contractors (i.e. cleaners, pest control, landscaping)
- Complete invoice package requirements (PO receipt and approval in the Property Management software) to ensure smooth payables processing by the accounting team
- Prepare invoices for maintenance and utility charge-backs for distribution to agencies
- Review and prepare agency chargeback paperwork with invoices in preparation for processing by accounting
- Assist with annual maintenance coordination and scheduling
- Handle all inquiries, feedback, complaints or concerns of vendors in a professional and courteous manner
- Customer Communication: connect with agencies and residents on work status updates and appointment arrangements (via phone & email)
- Complete and coordinate the vacant turnover process for tenants from start to finish; accounting and alerting the appropriate team members upon completion of the process
- Handle all inquiries, feedback, complaints or concerns of residents in a professional and courteous manner and ensure requests are relayed to the Real Property team in a timely manner
General Office Administration
- Assist with maintaining housing email and handling requests in a timely and courteous manner
- Filing and assist with large photocopy projects for distribution
- Fill in with receptionist tasks in the front office as required
Education and Experience
The Office Administrator has demonstrated technical expertise, expert knowledge of accounting standards and is proficient in accounting and financial oversight normally acquired through:
- High School Diploma or equivalency (e.g. GED)
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma, a degree in office administration is beneficial but not required
- At least 3 years’ experience working in an administrative function in a small to mid-sized organization
- Confident user of the Microsoft Office Suite of products, with intermediate skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Property Management Software is beneficial but not required
Commitment to Vision – understand the company’s structures, goals, vision, and values. Demonstrates awareness of the impact and implications of decisions and activities and knows the formal decision-making process. This includes an understanding of the implications for various stakeholders and understanding the impact on clients, partner agencies, communities and peers.
Fostering Collaboration, Cooperation, and Teamwork – promote cooperation, collaboration, and partnerships between individuals or groups both inside and outside of the organization and understand own role and the roles, responsibilities
Continuous Improvement/Innovation - identify opportunities for improvement while considering current procedures and measures of performance. Recognize opportunities to apply ideas in new ways demonstrating initiative, resourcefulness, and perseverance when transforming ideas into actions, or services.
Decision Making – utilize objective and valid information from a variety of sources to make informed decisions. Understand the potential impacts and keep all relevant stakeholders informed.
Dedication to Quality/Excellence – produces results or provides service that meets or exceeds standards. Shows concern for quality, accuracy, and completeness of work activities. Personally, seeks to add value in every work assignment. Notices opportunities to improve quality and takes action to do so.
Managing change – The team member will have flexibility and be effective in a changing environment, and will apply these traits to all tasks, responsibilities, and people. He or she will be capable of maintaining stable performance in a high-pressure environment and will relieve stress in a manner that is acceptable to other staff.
Effective verbal and written communication skills – The team member will have the ability to communicate effectively in a professional and courteous manner through verbal and written means both to internal staff and external stakeholders (vendors and residents).
Drop a Line