Structural Engineer:Ottawa, ON
As an Intermediate Structural Engineer your primarily focus on structural design and analysis. This role may also include aspects of project delivery management, production of structural documents, and construction administration. The Intermediate Structural Engineer will ensure all work is carried out in full support of our Vision, Mission, Values and One Company culture.
What will you do?
- Responsible for the designing and detailing of structural elements including design and calculations, computer modelling, and analysis.
- Works to assemble and coordinate engineering drawings and contract documents in collaboration with our BIM technologists and other members of the engineering team.
- Conduct field reviews and other contract administrative duties.
- Drafts project-related correspondence as needed.
- Participates in client meetings facilitating solutions to design issues and challenges and providing status updates.
- Conducts review of the architectural, electrical, mechanical and structural drawings.
- Effectively uses QA tools and completes checklists and submits them to the project engineer as required.
- Mentors junior staff with design and delivery elements of a project to ensure standards are upheld.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as Entuitive may assign to you from time to time.
What do you need to succeed?
- An engineering degree in structural engineering, coupled with 7-10+ years of professional experience in the AEC industry. Experience in Ontario is an asset.
- Achieved professional engineering designation P.Eng.
- Knowledgeable in the appropriate building codes.
- Strong project management capability with a proven track record of delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Must have a working knowledge and ability to use programs such as SAP2000, ETABS, RAM, and other structural analysis software and other software such as Bluebeam, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to work with people at all levels including project stakeholders and clients.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and deliverables on an ongoing basis.
Drop a Line