Senior Deskside Support Technician (Client Facing)
Category: Information Technology
DMA is a Professional Recruiting Firm supporting out client in their search for an experienced Deskside Support Technician.
The primary responsibility for problem resolution. The DST provides a central point of contact for customer help, problem status, and feedback to customers. This position is the focal point for workstation / laptop / network/ mobile device and system problems including data but not limited to application support, hardware support and updating systems/ networks to ensure compliance with client needs.
This is a mobile position providing some on-site support. Successful candidates will need to have a clean abstract and a reliable vehicle.
The work of the Deskside Technician is evaluated based on quality of results obtained, feedback from customers, adherence and contribution to procedures, constructive input into policies, and the utilization of technology to increase operational efficiency.
- Hardware and software installation
- Monitoring and responding to email, phone, and help-ticket assistance requests
- Interfacing with clients to facilitate timely resolution of reported problems
- Testing of software and hardware to ensure compatibility
- Running diagnostic tests on equipment
- Documentation of procedures, problem resolutions, and knowledge base information
- Mobile device support and problem resolution
- Performing other related duties and tasks as assigned
- 3-5 years of hands-on support experience with desktop support technologies, including: Win 7/Win10, Microsoft Office/ Office 365, Mobile devices, G-Suite, Network Security, Network configurations, Server Support, Hyper-V, Network Hardware support/ configuration, VLANs and problem tracking software
- MCSE designations (or on way to)
- Familiarly with a diverse range of applications and the ability to quickly learn new ones
- Experience with root cause analysis
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to participate in on-call rotation
- Ability to explain technical subject matter clearly and accurately
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- College or University education in Computer Science or Information Technology is an asset
Drop a Line