Desk-side Technician - Intermediate
Category: Information Technology
DMA is a Professional Recruiting Firm supporting out client in their search for a Desk-side Technician.
The primary responsibility is first-level problem resolution. The Desk-side Technician provides a central point of contact for customer help, problem status, and feedback to customers. This position is the focal point for workstation / laptop / network/ mobile device and system problems including data but not limited to application support, hardware support and updating systems/ networks to ensure compliance with client needs.
This is a mobile position providing on-site support. Successful candidates will need to have a clean abstract and a reliable vehicle.
Specific Duties and Skills Set
The incidents, problems and service request will vary by each Not-For-Profit Organization and the level of IT knowledge at the Organization. The Service Desk Technician will be asked to troubleshoot issues for:
• Troubleshooting Windows OS issues for Win 10, Win 7, Win 8
• Familiarity with how to use device manager, install devices, troubleshoot drivers
• Configure display and power settings
• Familiarity with Disk Manager use
• Familiarity with the Task Manager, Reliability Monitor and other troubleshooting interfaces
• Active Directory and Group Policy configuration
• Resolving Print Manager, DNS, and DHCP issues
• ESXI and Hyper-V, VMware, and other virtualization methods
• Troubleshooting Server issues
• Systems Administration for Office365, Office365 Exchange, Sharepoint and Teams.
• Resolve Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email, Dynamics 365, Yammer issues
• Knowledge of O365 email migrations
• Familiar with data migration of local and server stored files to Sharepoint
• SharePoint library creation and configuration
NETWORK and SECURITY
• Diagnose network issues (PING, TRACERT, etc) and internet issues (speed/bandwidth)
• Familiarity with Network Infrastructure (Router, Wireless Access Points, Switch, cabling)
• Diagnose Remote Access Issues
• Troubleshooting SMB, SMTP settings.
• VPN Setup, Firewalls, Deploy Antivirus Software
• Familiarity with Scan-to-network and Scan-to-email configuration
HARDWARE and SOFTWARE
• Install physical servers, workstations, printers and other infrastructure components
• Diagnose and upgrade system components (RAM, hard drives, etc) onto workstations and servers; upgrade software, install new firmware
• Troubleshooting Printer issues. The ability to resolve driver issues, test communications, install printers on the network or onto workstations, set up printer configurations (passwords for printing).
• Ability to install Veeam (server backup software)
• Knowledge of accounting programs (Sage, QuickBooks, GP) is useful
• MAC OS troubleshooting
• Smartphone, Tablet, Android and iOS trouble shooting
Drop a Line