Category: Information Technology
We're looking for a DevOps Engineer to be a strong contributor to our development teams, assisting them in building and maintaining cloud infrastructure.
- Understand use cases and stakeholder objectives for Cloud, Automation, CICD, etc. Work with engineering to build and optimize solutions that deliver on requirements.
- Work with IT delivery teams from novice to expert to support implementation and drive adoption of Cloud and Automation solutions.
- Provide coaching and consultation on the correct used of processes, concepts and solutions.
- Provide input into Cloud and Automation training and education programs.
- Participated in architecture and solution design reviews, providing advice on Cloud and Automation considerations and capabilities.
- Work with EIS teams to build organizational knowledge around Cloud and Automation and coach teams on how to integrate into Cloud & Automation into decisions, approaches, processes
- Research and learn new concepts and technology in order to provide input on upcoming needs and direction.
- Determine how to translate new concepts and tools into practical application.
- Participate in the development of new Cloud and Automation programs, including optimizing existing and implementing new processes and technology solutions.
- Work with senior leadership in engineering and operations to develop a centre of excellence around Cloud, CICD, Release Management and Automation.
- Be a champion for new concepts and solutions to help drive change. Recommend, encourage and support IT Delivery teams to consider new methods and new technology offerings
DevOps Engineer Requirements
- University Degree/College Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology disciplines or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ hands on experience in DevOps, SRE, and/or Unix/Linux system administration role
- Experience with public cloud platforms (GCP, Azure or AWS)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Linux Containers, and/or Docker is preferred
- Experience with build automation frameworks and pipeline tools such as Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Spinnaker, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with static code analysis tools such as SonarQube
- Solid understanding of Agile methodology
- Experience delivering complex leading-edge solutions with the ability to dive in and out of the details when needed
- Experience in developing processes, implementing process improvements, evaluating technical solutions
- Strong facilitation and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to "own" an issue and follow it through to resolution
- Positive attitude that fosters productivity in a team setting
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Drop a Line