Industrial Design Director
Consumer Electronics | San Jose, CA
Our client is a technological innovation enterprise focusing on smart kitchen appliances. Starting from the early stage of the wave of smart kitchen appliances innovation, our client is committed to becoming a leading brand of smart kitchen appliances. The ingredients gifted by nature need precise time and temperature to achieve the best color and smell, and the ingredients do not lose their original taste. The eternal pursuit of our client is to turn everyone's kitchen to be ultimately intelligent and convenient.
- In this role you will get to lead and encourage a team of designers and together will help determine aesthetic direction, materials, mechanisms, shape, finishes, and manufacturing processes of final products.
- Build design systems and design languages for different product lines.
- Reviewing project status, refining project schedules, communicating with multi-functional peers and leadership, etc.
- Partner with leadership to determine product design strategy and priorities
- Drive ideation sessions with the as well as multi-functional brainstorms, research activities on users, trends, materials, and processes that may be applied towards development of future products.
- Matrixed reporting relationship with industrial designers to drive design excellence and consistency
- Lead the team to build virtual and physical prot
- 8 years above experience in professional industrial design
- 3 years above experience in leading a team
- Strong problem solving abilities, team leadership, relationship building and management skills, as well as critical thinking, and creativity abilities
- Experience in consumer electronics industry preferred.