Staff Firmware Engineer, Supercharger
Consumer Electronics | Shanghai, China
Our client is the world's No.1 electric car and power train desinger，developer，manufacturer and distributor headed by the legendary entrepreneur. Now they are hiring top talents globally to work in their R&D center located in their gigafactory in Shanghai, China. A top company with top work environment as well as top compensation and benefits.
As a member of the off-board firmware development team, you will be responsible for writing code for our superchargers, adapters, and various other types of high voltage charging equipment.
Come join a team of knowledgeable engineers to build the next generation of robust EV charging infrastructure using cutting edge software development tools and practices.
Job location: Shanghai, China
• Implement high-quality C code in a real-time embedded environment.
• Specify embedded software requirements and design firmware algorithms.
• Integrate and debug features at both component and system level.
• Develop tests to validate functionality (unit tests, SIL, and system level).
• Support with certification efforts as needed.
• Bring up new hardware and debug issues.
• Refactor code as needed to maintain a clean and efficient codebase.
• Actively participate in team discussions to make performance and optimization trade-offs.
• Respond to problems in the field and support the service team with practical, quick solutions to issues that affect the live supercharger fleet.
• Strong proficiency in C, familiarity with C++ a plus.
• 5+ years of experience in embedded development in robotics, real-time controls, or system software.
• Fluent in software fundamentals including clean software design and maintainability.
• Experience with the embedded microprocessor tools / JTAG debugging interfaces.
• Familiarity with test driven development and developer driven automated testing.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts concisely.
• Comfortable with hands-on lab work (including the use of scopes/logic analyzers, CAN tools, soldering irons, etc as needed).
• Ability to break down high level requirements into specific, actionable tasks.
• System level engineering experience with electrical and mechanical systems.
• Familiarity with the GB DC charging protocol.
• Experience with CAN (including the J1939 transport layer).
• Proficient in English and Mandarin (both verbal and written communications).