Embedded Software Engineer - Wallconnector product
Consumer Electronics | Shanghai, China
Our client is the world's No.1 electric car and power train desinger，developer，manufacturer and distributor headed by the legendary entrepreneur. Now they are hiring top talents globally to work in their R&D center located in their gigafactory in Shanghai, China. A top company with top work environment as well as top compensation and benefits.
Job location: Shanghai, China
Tesla Energy is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join a small team responsible for energy management and control applications. We are looking for candidates experienced with low-level software such as drivers, porting kernels to new hardware, firmware, boot loaders and general bring-up and debug on the boundaries of hardware and software. Background in low-latency and real-time systems is particularly interesting, but most of all we’re looking for people with high capacity and ability to ramp up in whatever topic is needed. Strong C knowledge and excellent debugging skills are critical to be successful in this role.
• Deliver high quality system-level software for various hardware components
• Driver development, board bring-up and new hardware enablement on RTOS or Linux
• Packaging and build system integration of various software components
• Define new hardware requirements
• Closely work with teams across the company; Hardware, Applications, QA, Validation and Manufacturing
• Collaborate with validation teams to develop test strategies and test plans
• 5-10+ years’ experience building, debugging and shipping embedded systems using Linux or RTOS
• Comfortable with debugging hardware issues
• Familiar with SoC level software development (ARM, x86 or other architectures)
• Can read and interpret system schematics
• Proficient in C and/or C++
• Experience developing embedded software for safety-critical applications in production environments
• Working knowledge of embedded networking protocols such as CAN, RS-485, ModBus, and Ethernet
• Experience writing and understanding technical specifications
• Proficient in Mandarin and English.
Beneficial Knowledge and Experience
• Proven record of delivering quality system-level products
• Experience developing RTOS on Cortex-M and similar platforms
• Development and debug of firmware such as u-boot or coreboot.
• Security features such as SELinux, crypto, verified boot and trusted execution environments.
• Real-time and low-latency software development.
• Familiar with build environments such as buildroot. • Experience with communication standards and technologies like WiFi, ZigBee, mesh networking, cellular networks • Comfortable with Go, Python, shell scripting, make, etc.