Supply Chain | Toronto
AVENUE ROAD is a North American based furniture retailer, manufacturer and distributor engaged in both residential and contract markets, offering classic-contemporary designs with timeless style and enduring quality. AVENUE ROAD is currently seeking a Warehouse Associate. In this role, the candidate will report to the Distribution Centre Supervisor.
Reporting to the Inbound or Outbound Supervisor, this position spans across logistics & operations. This is an opportunity for a dynamic professional to have daily input into local warehouse & supply chain operations. Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Unload all inbound furniture and ensure that items are thoroughly inspected with any deficiencies reported.
- Deliver and install items to client/project sites, whilst executing delivery requirements in a consistently error free manner and with a commitment to excellent client satisfaction.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy for inventory transactions to ensure counts and locations are reflected correctly both physically and in the system.
- Maximize overall warehouse performance by providing strong communication within the team and develop and maintain strong team relationships.
- Provide recommendations on procedures for the effective handling, storage and distribution of products.
- Ensure that workplace health and safety requirements are met and that the security of employees, building and inventory is maintained at all times.
- 1 year of shipping and receiving work experience is required.
- Previous experience in retail distribution an asset.
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs.
- A valid, clean Ontario G-Class license, desired, but not a requirement.
- Previous health and safety training.
- Previous experience operating lift trucks is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Experience with an ERP system, specifically SAP an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills and a high degree of initiative.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous process improvement.