Information Technology | NY, NY
NYLife is starting our journey to modernize our policy administration system (PAS). PAS is a core technology which enables NYLife to manage and service Life policies issued to our customers. Modernizing this system will allow NYLife to quickly introduce innovative Life products and improve our customers experience.
The Solution Architect will play an integral part in the modernization effort. They will first seek to understand our vendor PAS solution and the internal NYL technology ecosystem. They will then collaborate with the vendor and internal NYL teams to create the future state vision and implementation roadmap. They will also help drive daily execution to attain that vision.
The solution architect will work with project managers, business analysts, testers, domain/enterprise technology teams, multi-disciplinary technology team and vendors. It is important for the Solution Architect to have a solid understanding of multiple tech integration and database stacks to gain the trust of technology team members. They must also possess great communication skills to explain the roadmap, progress and challenges to business and technology leadership teams. Key Responsibilities
- Create a unified high-level, technical view of the PAS solution that includes the vendor and NYL systems
- Create system workflows that identify dependencies and work needed to enable the solution
- Collaborate with enterprise architecture and security teams for input and approval of proposed architecture
- Assist with approach/estimate validation and tracking progress with internal NYLife integration and data teams
- 5+ years in a Solution Architect role on complex, multi-year projects
- Strong communication, analytic, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Strong ability to create highly available, scalable, and secure solutions built on cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Strong knowledge of enterprise integration and data ingestion patterns
Preferred Experience / Additional Knowledge
- Life Insurance industry experience
- Knowledge of API integration & security solutions (eg MuleSoft Anypoint, Protegrity)
- Knowledge of databases (eg Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Knowledge of identity and authentication standards (eg SAML and OAuth)
- Knowledge of modern delivery methodologies like Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Knowledge of mainframe technologies. CICS, PL1, COBOL, DB2 & JCL