Design Engineering Manager - Pellet Mill
Engineering | Overland Park, KS
Overland Park, KS
- A global leader in the feed machinery industry.
- Our products have been sold in over 140 different countries.
- 3000+ employees worldwide.
- A rapidly growing international business with a CAGR averaging over 8% for over 10 consecutive years.
- For 50 years, our company has taken pride in the development of novel feed machinery technologies having resulted in higher utilization of raw materials and improved energy efficiencies, enhancing the global food security for human lives, and protecting our planet.
US Subsidiary Overview
The US Subsidiary is a R&D center. Our primary focus is to develop more efficient and effective methods of processing pet foods, animal feeds, aqua feeds, and other food and feeds. Our equipment lineup includes grinding, mixing, extrusion, pelleting, drying, cooling, enrobing, and conveying equipment.
The Design Engineering Manager - Pellet Mill supports the development of new or improved Pellet Mill designs and related technology. This position reports to Head of R&D with dotted line to the Senior Pelleting Machine Designing expert and collaborates with the HQ R&D and Equipment Design teams. Detail responsibilities are as below:
- Study applications and Design pelleting equipment for the animal feed industry.
- Study and Design equipment under the direction and guidance of the Senior Pelleting Machine Designer.
- Create 3D models and design notes for release to engineering and manufacturing teams in China.
- Provide liaison and leadership to engineering, manufacturing teams, and suppliers
- Provide liaison and support to engineering teams for customer service (equipment application/operation guidance and troubleshooting).
- Support Global market promotion of new products and offer technical solutions for customers.
- International Travel up to 15%.
- 5+ yearsof experience in machine design (heavy equipment design preferred).
- Additional experience (preferred but not mandatory):
- Knowledge in metal foundry work (castings and forgings).
- Knowledge in sheet metal and plate steel fabrications (forming, cutting, & welding).
- Knowledge in materials (metallurgy and heat treatment, Plating, coatings, rubber, plastics, insulation).
- Knowledge in Electric and automated controls (motors, devices, and Schematic drawings).
- Knowledge in Fluid power actuators, devices, and controls (pneumatic and hydraulic).
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Skilled in 3D modeling, FEA, & CAE (Autodesk Inventor preferred).
- Skilled in 2D drawing, & GD&T (AutoCAD Mechanical preferred).
- Skilled in Excel and Word (Microsoft office).
- The preferred candidate is bilingual – Mandarin and English
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee & dependent health insurance
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Relocationpackage commensurate with experience
- A fulfilling small work group environment where the right self-motivated individual will have the freedom and opportunity to make significant contributions to the company’s success.